I suggest you ...

Allow members to add in cities themselves

DJ_TIGER said:
I really like the app but is has major drawbacks... one of the biggest is that users cannot add cities themselves... If you want the BEST and fastest growing gay community app then here what i have to say...

Let users be able to easily add CITIES and not just venues or bars, there alre ALOT of large cities that go un-noticed because of this. Right now, the app is creator moderated only and it appears that the admins/creators have stopped listening... it is time for a radical change if you want to keep this app alive!

User input is the most vital part of the iPhone. If you combine that with an open input community, you will see your app grow in ratings by the day or even by the hour!

152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminScott Gatz (Admin, GayCities) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I agree.. Daytona Beach should be added to the list. I do a lot of work with the local GayDaytona.com organization and I'd like to see Daytona added.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this is elementary. wiki out preformed the encyclopedia in a blink. up to date, etc that goes along to providing current information.

• Md.Haroon-Or-Rashid(Hymel) commented  · 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
        Infrastructure our homes sites as nature emphasize as world policy inclination to adventuring brilliant works to discover mighty angels the friendlily possessing due to matches hearties world.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• Anonymous commented  · 

marrakech/marrakesh...........not on there :(

• John Hummell commented  · 

I agree 100%. Please add Athens, OH. I really want to share two venues there with others in the site!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Warsaw, Poland is not on the listing. I could add all gay spots I know with a couple of tips, but there is no such option...

• DJ_Tiger commented  · 

"Big update to the app!!!

---------------
        If you have any problems after installation (we've seen some), email us at feedback@gaycities.com
        ---------------

Now check in anywhere - you can check in to nearby businesses even if they aren't already on GayCities. We'll look for the most popularly checked in places and add them to GayCities. So get to checking in!

Foursquare integration - now you can use GayCities to check in to foursquare. Your check-in will appear on both GayCities and foursquare (and you can pick which checkins to appear there).

New profile & new options - Click the options button to find a whole bunch of ways to improve your app experience, find new friends and edit your profile.

Plus, tons of improvements to make it smoother, fixed crashes"

Very smart move here lads, big up to both you and the dev team!
        this has been sought after for a very long time now =)

• tom_ol commented  · 

living in Germany, I just scanned through the locations listed in your guide: About 5% of all is available, most is missing, because we have many more towns then just Berlin, Hamburg and Köln, which you are listing ;-) To get a 50% coverage, we would need about 30 towns...

• Slimrfun commented  · 

Back from my trip to Vietnam and Thialand. Loaded with information for other would be travellers, but gaycities continues to drag its heals on the two most important issues.
        1 - Add more cities, or
        2 - Let us add them for you!
        Maybe they need to hand gaycities over to someone else or company that can properly run the site. Had to get my gay info from asiaweb.com and gayvietnam & gaythialand.

• nick commented  · 

hi im form manila philliphins

• Slimrfun commented  · 

I will be travelling to bangkok and checking out the scene there. Too bad this site wont let me add a city and post reviews on the several places we will be partying and staying at.
        I agree - the ability to add a city is vital for gaycities. Make it a priority!!!

• Thomas commented  · 

Like to add Playa del Ingles OR Gran Canaria to the Citys...

• Maui Pack and Ship commented  · 

I would like to add Maui as a gay friendly area. Our store, in Kahului is gay friendly- has gay staff and many gay patrons.

• DJ_Tiger commented  · 

i am quite happy to see that you quoted me on this matter but to see that its THIS high rated and not been put in to the to-do list is quite sad actually...

this just shows the other members that you don't really care about their bright ideas and or suggestions... I'm not trying to be mean here, i just want a good app where i can add or find LBGT venues with ease.

• Michael commented  · 

We're going on a AL andChuck Halloween Cruise to the Bahamas would like to see waht information is available down there, Heard the Bahamas loved gays and Lesbians unlike Jamica wer'e weare not accepted

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base